Wednesday, June 13, 2012

privatives and past passive participles

Below are examples of Finnish privates and past passive participles.

Privatives

Notice that in some cases the Estonian form matches the Finnish (työtön - töötu) but in others Estonian makes use of the abessive case with its suffix -ta (eg. virheeton in Fn. but vigadeta in Et.).

loppu -------- loputon
E: lõpp -------- lõputu
end -------- endless

kenkä -------- kengätön
E: king -------- kingata
shoe -------- shoeless

työ -------- työtön
E: töö -------- töötu
work -------- jobless, unemployed

polku -------- poluton
E: tee -------- teeta
path -------- pathless

hammas -------- hampaaton
E: hammas -------- hambutu
tooth -------- toothless

maku -------- mauton
E: maitse -------- maitsetu
taste -------- tastless

muoto -------- muodoton
E: vorm -------- vormitu
shape, form -------- shapeless, formless

lumi -------- lumeton
E: lumi -------- lumetu
snow -------- snowless

aurinko -------- auringoton
E: päike -------- päikeseta
sun -------- sunless

virhe -------- virheetön
E: viga -------- veata [without mistake]/veatu [flawless]
mistake -------- errorless

olematon
olematu [olemata = not come to be/pass yet]
inexistant

kirjoittamaton
kirjutamata [kirjutamatu = unwriteable]
unwritten

pesemätön
pesemata [pese(ta)matu = unwashable]
unwashed

leipomaton
toores [raw] (küpsetamata [unbaked])
unbaked

syömätön
söömata
uneatten

asumaton
asustamata
uninhabited

E: lugemata = unread, uncounted; lugematu/loendamatu = uncountable; loetamatu = unreadable

Past passive participle

opiskeltu
õpitud
studied

pesty
pestud
washed

menty
mindud
gone

saatu
saadud
received

syöty
söödud
eaten

sanottu
räägitud
spoken

etsitty
otsitud
searched for

luettu
loetud
read

kannettu
kantud
carried

kielletty
keelatud
forbidden

huomattu
märgatud
noticed

tarvittu
vajatud (but cf. tarvis 'need')
needed

vaiettu
vaigistatud
silent

tiedetty
teatud
known

tietty
teatud
certain

tuttu
tuntud
famous, well-known

käytetty
kasutatud, tarvitatud
used

unohdettu
unustatud
forgotten

Back and forth

rakentamaton -------- rakennettu
ehitamata -------- ehitatud
unbuilt -------- built

maalattu -------- maalaamaton
värvitud -------- värvimata
painted -------- unpainted

keittämätön -------- keitetty
 toores -------- küpsetatud
uncooked -------- cooked

kuorittu -------- kuorimaton
kooritud -------- koorimata
peeled -------- unpeeled

Thanks to ainurakne on Unilang.org for corrections!

7 comments:

  1. Nice blog use full information about finnish translation
    Finnish translation services

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a private loan lender which have all take to be a genuine lender i give out the best loan to my client at a very convenient rate.The interest rate of this loan is 3%.i give out loan to public and private individuals.the maximum amount i give out in this loan is $1,000,000.00 USD why the minimum amount i give out is 5000.for more information contact us Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    Your Full Details:
    Full Name :………
    Country :………….
    state:………….
    Sex :………….
    Address............
    Tel :………….
    Occupation :……..
    Amount Required :…………
    Purpose of the Loan :……..
    Loan Duration :…………
    Phone Number :………
    Contact Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Testimony of financial breakthrough from GOD through the help of Funding Circle Loan INC. (fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +14067326622)...

    Hi I'am Evelyn Russell resident at 808 NE 19th St Oklahoma City, I am a single mother blessed with 2 daughters. For a while now I have been searching for a genuine loan lender who could help me with a loan as I no longer have a job, all I got were hoodlums who made me trust them and at the end they took my money without giving me any loan, my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated, it became difficult for my family to feed with a good meal, I never wanted to have anything to do with any loan lending companies on the internet again. Not until I met a Godsent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family Through the help of a fellowship member "a lender with the fear of God in him Mr JASON RAYMOND, he was the man God sent to elevate my family from suffering. At first I thought it wasn’t going to be possible due to my previous experience until I received my loan worth $135,000.00 USD in less then 24hours. So my advise to anyone out there genuinely in need of a loan is to contact Funding Circle Loan INC through this official email:- fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +14067326622 and be financial lifted.


    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Website http://oceancashmj.com
    Phone number :+1-6474-864-724 (Call/Whats app)

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Website http://oceancashmj.com
    Phone Number:+1-6474-864-724 (Call/Whats app)

    ReplyDelete